- Gourmet Smoked Gouda Cheese Dip
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt, to taste
- 4-6 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 350°F (175°C).
- Scrub the russet potatoes clean and cut them into thin fries. Soak them in cold water for about 15 minutes to remove excess starch, then drain and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Fry the potato fries in batches for about 3-4 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Remove them from the oil using a slotted spoon and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Season with salt while still hot.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (if using), and a pinch of salt. Dredge the sliced jalapenos in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Fry the coated jalapenos in the same oil for about 2-3 minutes or until they become crispy and golden. Remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the hot jalapenos and fries alongside the smoked Gouda cheese dip.
Tip: Best served with our Smoked Gouda Cheese Dip